none
How to retrieve free/busy infomation of contacts using EWS ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I am developing a application where i want free/busy information of all contacts of my contact list....

I am trying to get this infromation using EWS(Exchange web services), by tracing the CalendarEventArray of FreeBusyView of each contact.

But not able to retrieve the free/busy information of my contacts as CalendarEventArray is null..
    How can i resolve this..??

regards,

Niti
    Monday, March 2, 2009 6:49 AM

Answers

• Note that there is an example GetUserAvailablity request example in the documentation [MS-OXWAVLS] section 4.1. 

It would also be helpful to know what the response was from the EWS.  For example section 4.3.2 shows a samples error response

Developer Consultant
    • Marked as answer by Chris Mullaney Wednesday, March 11, 2009 4:29 PM
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 7:21 PM

All replies

• Nitti,

According to MS-OXWAVLS, CalendarEventArray is optional (may or may not occur).

Brad
    Monday, March 2, 2009 8:09 AM
  •  
    Thanks for your reply...

If CalendarEventArray is optional, then how to fetch free/busy info of the contacts....does any other field contains the free/busy information of the contacts..??

regards,

Niti
    Monday, March 2, 2009 8:19 AM
  • Hi Niti,

Thank you for contacting us and your interest in Exchange Development.  This forum is for the technical discussion around the content of the Exchange Server Protocols documentation that can be found here.

There is a helpful community on the Microsoft TechNet Forums that is focused on Exchange Server development found here where you can ask your question. The Exchange development forum is for topics such as web services, APIs, application conversion and general application development against Exchange Server.

Developer Consultant
    Monday, March 2, 2009 6:28 PM
  • Note that there is an example GetUserAvailablity request example in the documentation [MS-OXWAVLS] section 4.1. 

It would also be helpful to know what the response was from the EWS.  For example section 4.3.2 shows a samples error response

Developer Consultant
    • Marked as answer by Chris Mullaney Wednesday, March 11, 2009 4:29 PM
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 7:21 PM