none
Display depth data in Windows Forms using C++, SDK 1.7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys,

I managed to display depth,color,audio stream in my WPF application(C#) by following the Channel9 Series tutorial which is all written in c#.

I want to use OpenCV library which is written in C/C++ together with Kinect SDK. The problem is i found lack of resources in Kinect SDK when it comes to developing application in windows forms(C++).

Can someone help me start setup my Kinect SDK 1.7 on VS2010 (Windows Form, C++) and start with the basic of displaying depth,color,audio stream.

THanks

Thursday, June 6, 2013 3:49 AM

Answers

All replies

• up up up anyone?
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 2:01 PM
  • Hi,

I can't help you for the windows forms part.

However, in order to get the depth buffer data, you should do the following:

- Initialize your sensor and enable it for depth stream.
    - Get a depth frame with NuiImageStreamGetNextFrame
    - Get frame texture with NuiImageGetDepthImagePixelFrameTexture
    - Get a locked rect in order to read pixel data : LockRect
    - the NUI_LOCKED_RECT structure contains a pBits attribute which points the upper left pixel of the frame

Once you get the raw pixel data, i think it will be easy to build a bitmap object that can be displayed in an windows forms image control.

I think you will also find a lot of help if you download the Developer Toolkit 1.7 which contains a lot of C++ samples.

"Find a job you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life" Confucius

• Edited by Louliloul Friday, June 14, 2013 7:22 AM
    Friday, June 14, 2013 7:21 AM
  • Have you looked at the Kinect Bridge With OpenCV Basics sample?
    • Marked as answer by 31hypnos Tuesday, June 18, 2013 9:58 AM
    Monday, June 17, 2013 9:12 PM