locked
InfoPath Browser form issue with UserProfileService.asmx RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I m facing weird problem with one of my new site collection. I have a browser based infopath form that uses UserProfileService.asmx web service. When I preview my form, I could see my user's property appear in the textbox that gets UserName. This is perfectly fine. Then I converted my receive data connection for it to data connection file udcx in my Data Connection Library form library in my SharePoint site. I approved that udcx file. When I click on add new document to my browser based IP form, it blows up saying

    An error occurred while trying to connect to a Web service.
    An entry has been added to the Windows event log of the server.
    Log ID:5566

    Correlation
    ID:
    25810d8b-8027-4160-b224-f700ffdbfb1d

    On checking 14>>Logs>> it says

    Exception Message: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.  A user with the account name  could not be found. ---> The corresponding SID in the domain is not part
    of the intended account Type. The remote server returned an error :(500) Internal Server Error....

    I m sure I did create and approve udcx file for UserProfile service. Is there any other way to look at to make sure it works in browser based form? Please let me know. Right now I m the site collection Administrator and I m checking against myself. Looks like some persmission issue but don't exactly know what. Thanks.

    Monday, August 6, 2012 5:30 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    When you use InfoPath in preview mode, it uses your Windows user account.

    When you use InfoPath in browser, it uses your SharePoint authentication.

    Witch user account are you using in SharePoint? Could you test with an account that is inside your profile database?

    If you are detected as "system account" it will not work because it will not find this account in the profile database.


    Visit my blog : http://rmatayron.blogspot.com/

    Monday, August 6, 2012 9:42 PM
  • Hi Remi MATAYRON,

    My SharePoint server uses NTLM authentication. I m testing against myself. I m the site collection admin and my account is same as my ntid. How do I access profile databse? I want to check that? I want to see if I m the system account in the profile database.

    Thanks for your reply.

    Tuesday, August 7, 2012 12:34 PM
  • Hi,

    if you were the "system account", it would be mark as system account on the top right of the screen (the welcome control).

    There is a way to check if there is a difference. There is a function in InfoPath called UserName (which return the user name of the user filling out the form). Please put this value into a field to check if the value is different in client and in InfoPath mode.


    Visit my blog : http://rmatayron.blogspot.com/

    Tuesday, August 7, 2012 5:28 PM
  • Hi beginner,

    i too faced this kind of issue. i believe i went to central admin--> click on web application where this form is used-->click user policy and give read only permission for all authenticated users. 


    Thanks & Regards Raj

    Monday, September 17, 2012 4:07 PM