none
SharePoint 2013 - Modify the front page (welcome page) RRS feed

• Question

• How can I remove the Created By and Modified By views and also change the items to be displayed on the front page for all Libraries? Like the circled view in the attachment? 

I know how to remove them from individual document libraries but that doesn't reflect on the main page.

Fred.

• Edited by Funflex Thursday, April 2, 2015 3:30 PM
    Thursday, April 2, 2015 3:27 PM

Answers

All replies

• you need to edit the page, and the go to Webpart properties (on the top right of the webpart you will find an arrow to edit the properties)

Then you need to edit the view of that web part, that is different from the view defined in the library.

Thursday, April 2, 2015 3:34 PM
  • hello,

just edit the view of the webpart, because this view contain this column and you will get it updated.

and take a look on this :

http://blog.pentalogic.net/2014/05/sharepoint-designer-2013-how-to-modify-list-view-filters-parameters/

Thursday, April 2, 2015 3:40 PM
  • Hi Fred,

You question is a bit confusing but let me try to answer what I understand from it.

When you embed a list view in a page, it makes a copy of the view which, in essence, is just a bunch of CAML. So even if you update the original view, the embedded view contains the old information. What you need to do is edit your page and in the web part properties and re-select your view, It should say  "current view". This will refresh the view CAML and view will thus be updated.

Regards

Thursday, April 2, 2015 7:31 PM