Oracle OleDb primary key troubles RRS feed

• Question

• Let me know if this isn't the right place to post this, I wasn't quite sure.

I have an table setup in my Oracle database that has several text columns and one primary key column that I set up using the primary key constraint. My problem is that when I read the table using a DataAdapter, Oracle doesn't give me the primary key constraint. I set the MissingSchemaAction of my DataAdapter to AddWithKey, but that doesn't fix the fact that it isn't giving me the information I need. How do I get Oracle to tell me which column is the primary key column?

Other information:

using oracle oledb provider (OraOLEDB.Oracle)
    Oracle version 11g
    • Moved by nobugz Saturday, September 6, 2008 2:12 AM Contact Oracle (Moved from .NET Base Class Library to Off-Topic Posts (Do Not Post Here))
    Friday, September 5, 2008 6:51 PM

Answers

•  

Hello Dan,

Thank you for your post!  I would suggest posting your question in the 'MSDN Forums » SQL Server » SQL Server Data Access' located here:  http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=87&SiteID=1

Have a great day!

Thanks!

SachinW Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    • Proposed as answer by SachinW Tuesday, November 11, 2008 9:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by SachinW Friday, March 20, 2009 7:35 PM
    Tuesday, November 11, 2008 9:32 AM