Website and WCF Publish in VS2010 is NOT easier than before and returns MSDeploy error message RRS feed

• Question

• I have a service and consuming website that need to be published to the production server.  VS2008 just worked!  Now with VS2010 I get a more complex install screen, and when I finally publish I get an MSDEPLOYMENT error that Deploy.Respond returns '' instead of 'v1'.  I've installed MSDeploy 1.1 but no change.  Is a restart of IIS required?

I searched on this subject and cannot find a topic specific to using VS2010 Publish.  We were supposed to deploy today and we are dead in the water.

_________________________________________ i/o Data Centers Not all datacenters are equal
    Monday, October 25, 2010 10:53 PM

Answers

• The reason it became more difficult is that the newer version of the services was installed with the default setting of Disabled instead of Automatic.

I had started the services and modified the setting, but had set it to Manual.  Changing the service to Automatic and activating the web services made Publish readily available.

_________________________________________ i/o Data Centers Not all datacenters are equal
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 5:48 PM