none
Cannot write to the storage account from Appassure (after a previous blob was deleted)

Question

• I have re-setup Azure in Open Storage subscription and created containers.  Azure Storage Explorer can create blob containers (set to private) in the storage account.  On the same server we have Appasure and that can see all the blob containers that have been created.  However when Appasure tries to archive files to Azure it immediately comes up with an error that just says 'error'.

How can we use the subscription we have paid for?

Thursday, October 20, 2016 12:08 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for posting here! We are happy to assist to you.

1. May I know the Storage Account type created, the Request ID and failure error message.
    2. What is Appasure? Can you please reach out to Appasure support and then let me there is any  failover error on storage?

Regards,
    Sumanth BM

Thursday, October 20, 2016 6:33 PM
  • What happened is that we had Appassure archiving to Azure for a year now.  Appassure is Dell's backup device which will backup to local storage and then archive to Azure and AWS.  We purchased some top up credit but had not 'redeemed' it and so you deleted the container as the previous credit had run out.

We then redeemed the new credit on the Azure account and had to re create the storage account.  I then reset up the blob container (as before) and then went to the Appasure console to try to archive to it.  After putting the keys in it saw the new storage account and blob containers but as soon as I try to write to it the process just says 'error' (which is no help - thanks Dell!) immediately.

I tried creating a 'general purpose' storage account and create similar blob containers in that too.  Appassure sees them too but errors in exactly the same way.

Azure Storage Explorer on the same Dell Server that runs Appassure can also see the same containers and amend them.

Looking elsewhere at a similar thread they say although the account is enabled it is not authorised and you guys need to authorise it.

I could give account details but not happy to do so over an open forum.

Friday, October 21, 2016 7:19 AM
  • Hello,

We are checking on the query and would get back to you soon on this.

I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your time and patience in this matter.

Regards,
    Sumanth BM

Sunday, October 23, 2016 1:23 PM
  • It's now fixed. There is a patch P-1918 that fixes the problem.
    • Marked as answer by Pe5mith Tuesday, October 25, 2016 9:17 AM
    Tuesday, October 25, 2016 9:17 AM