none
About Machine Learning Algorithms that Visual Gesture Builder Uses RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings, I have a few question.

1) Is there any way to use the code of the ML algorithms that use the VGB tool in order to incorporate some code to my convenience?

2) Can I use a conjunction of Heuristic  and ML Aproaches to recongnize a Gesture(Using my own code and the one generated by the VGB)

3) Is there any example of an implementation of a Continuous gesture using VGB and Visual Studio? (I´ve seen both videos in channel 9 but non explains how to use VGB continuous gesture in visual studio)

Thanks a lot for paying attention, and sorry if is dificult to understand my question my engglish is still improving

Thursday, May 21, 2015 8:39 PM

Answers

• Hello Jairo,

1) I don't think that the ML code is available for public use, so it would be difficult to customize :(

2) Yes, you can combine Heuristics and ML for gesture detection. It is not uncommon to use a second mechanism during detection to help reduce failure rates.

3) Since Continuous gestures are always firing, they are not very useful on their own. You will want to use a combination of discrete gestures to tell you when the signal is valid. I just published a sample on GitHub that shows how to use Continuous gestures (along with their discrete counterparts) in VS. You can use git to clone the ContinousGestureBasics-WPF sample here: https://github.com/angelaHillier/ContinuousGestureBasics-WPF.git

I hope that you will find this helpful,

~Angela

Friday, May 22, 2015 10:28 PM

All replies

• Hello Jairo,

1) I don't think that the ML code is available for public use, so it would be difficult to customize :(

2) Yes, you can combine Heuristics and ML for gesture detection. It is not uncommon to use a second mechanism during detection to help reduce failure rates.

3) Since Continuous gestures are always firing, they are not very useful on their own. You will want to use a combination of discrete gestures to tell you when the signal is valid. I just published a sample on GitHub that shows how to use Continuous gestures (along with their discrete counterparts) in VS. You can use git to clone the ContinousGestureBasics-WPF sample here: https://github.com/angelaHillier/ContinuousGestureBasics-WPF.git

I hope that you will find this helpful,

~Angela

Friday, May 22, 2015 10:28 PM
  • Thanks Angela, it was helpful especially the code sample
    Monday, May 25, 2015 1:19 AM