Blend 4 - Not Responding after attempt to load a project RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Visual Studio 2010 Solution that contains 32 projects.  Only a few of them actually have WPF and XAML code in them.

This solution has assemblies targeting 2.0, 3.5 and 4.0 runtime.  They all work together in applications and in Visual Studio 2010.  The solution was original created in VS 2005 (or earlier) and has been upgraded to 2008 and now 2010.

I have attempted to load one project (which is really a WPF class library) into EB 4.  Of course it attempts to load the entire solution and 10 mins latter is still saying "Not Responding".

I can load the project/solution in EB 3 on the same machine.  When I open the project, EB 3 tells me the solution file is an non-supported format but suggests that it might be able to load it.  I tell it to conitnue and about 30 second later he solution is loaded and I can view items.

My guess is that you will want to see the solution, but are there any ideas/suggestions to try first?

Thanks Roy
    Friday, July 23, 2010 12:25 PM

All replies

• It could be the problem that your EB 4 is Not Responding which means that it could be just hanged up and not that it is not able to load the files..
    Friday, July 23, 2010 6:14 PM
  • Hi Abhishek,

This is little tough to guess and might be an issue with some of the assemblies we are trying to load. Again, it would be great if you can share a repro with us. You can send repro directly to me at navits at microsoft dot com.

--Navit Saxena

Thursday, July 29, 2010 6:28 PM
  • Hi Navit,

Just checking in to see if you have any status to report.

Thanks Roy
    Friday, October 1, 2010 2:42 PM