none
Where Is .NET and Visual Studio For Win. 10? RRS feed

• Question

• I am using the Build 10074 version of windows 10 and I cannot for the life of me find the win 10 compatible versions of both .NET and Visual Studio! Can someone please help me with this?

Thursday, September 10, 2015 6:45 PM

Answers

• Hi steve_burrus,

You can install the visual studio 2015, and visual studio 2015 will install the .NET 4.6. You can download from this link: https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs.aspx

And visual studio 2013, and visual studio 2013 will install the .NET 4.5, you can download it from the above link.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, September 11, 2015 6:32 AM

All replies

• Hi steve_burrus,

You can install the visual studio 2015, and visual studio 2015 will install the .NET 4.6. You can download from this link: https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs.aspx

And visual studio 2013, and visual studio 2013 will install the .NET 4.5, you can download it from the above link.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, September 11, 2015 6:32 AM
  • Before you try to install RTM version(s) of Visual Studio on your system, I strongly recommend that you update your Windows 10 to the RTM build. Build 10074 is a relatively old pre-release build that, IIRC, had some compatibility issues with then-available VS 2015.

To avoid potential issues, make your OS RTM first.

Saturday, September 12, 2015 7:48 PM