none
GYGABYTE P57 not recognizing Kinect RRS feed

• Question

• I'd like to use my laptop to do scans. I think I have the install correct, but the verification tool says "Unknown USB port detected". My device manager lists both an ASMedia USB3.1 and an Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller. I've done enough searching to know the ASMedia is not supported. Is there a way to force the computer to use the Intel controller instead?

When I plug in the Kinect I see a new item, "Xbox NUI Motor" listed under other devices in device manager. Not sure if this information is any help.

• Edited by Droidling Tuesday, May 2, 2017 1:11 AM
    Monday, May 1, 2017 6:54 PM

All replies

• Some new information:

I was able to check device manager further. The Kinect is listed under ...Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)>>USB Root Hub (xHCI)>>Generic USB Hub>>Xbox NUI Motor

(The forum won't let me post a screen shot until I verify my account. I'm not too sure how I do that.)

If the device name is wrong would that mean I need to install drivers? I thought that was part of the 3D Scan install. I'm using an old Xbox 360 Kinect and the usb/power adapter that came with it. It looks a little different than the one they sell in the Microsoft store. Am I required to use the Microsoft adapter, or can I get driver for the setup I already have. I had this sensor and cable working on my old laptop. It was painfully slow, but it worked. 

• Edited by Droidling Tuesday, May 2, 2017 8:29 PM
    Tuesday, May 2, 2017 8:28 PM