Issues mapping IIS server to custom domain name in Azure VM RRS feed

• Question

• I have the following issues when I try to map to my custom domain from within my Azure vm.

After configuring my domain with my website now when I browse my website globally it shows me blank page.

Here is how I map my domain dns on azure

• Moved by YASWANTH MADI Sunday, July 15, 2018 2:35 PM Better suited here(Moved from azure ad to Azure Vm)
    Sunday, July 15, 2018 11:33 AM

All replies

• I would suggest you to refer the similar discussion here for configuring custom domain in Azure VM. See if this helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” or Up-Vote. To provide additional feedback on your forum experience, click here.

• Proposed as answer by YASWANTH MADI Monday, July 16, 2018 7:18 AM
    Monday, July 16, 2018 7:18 AM
  • I've follow your above steps but it doesn't help me I also post my question here. Please review

https://superuser.com/questions/1340531/issues-mapping-iis-server-to-custom-domain-name-in-azure-vm

Monday, July 16, 2018 9:45 AM
  • When you are mapping a custom domain name to your Azure VM, you may have to buy this custom domain name. Also, you have to login with your 3rd party domain register configure page. Each registrar has their own DNS management tools to change the name server records for a domain. In the registrar's DNS management page, add a new A record, as mentioned below

Host          type                value

xxxxx         A                  104.42.230.37

If you are looking for CNAME record, to add it in a domain register configuration page. I would suggest you refer the similar discussion here

Also, you may refer the following article for Custom Domain troubleshooting and also check the Assigning the Domain for Azure VM. See if this helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” or Up-Vote. To provide additional feedback on your forum experience, click here.

Tuesday, July 17, 2018 2:14 PM
  • Just checking in if you have had a chance to see our previous response. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same. And, if you have any further query do let us know. 
    Thursday, July 19, 2018 11:32 AM
  • Hello Ahmer,

You are missing one important step in your proces. You need to add an 'A' record to your Azure DNS zone.

In your case

NAME: www
    TYPE: A
    TTL: 3600
    VALUE: 69.167.137.121

What you will achieve by doing this is telling the rest of the world that they should go to 69.167.137.121 whenever they are requesting www.asyncsol.com

You can put your IIS binding to either that IP adress or even to *
    Now your site should be resolvable and reachable from the public internet.

If it is not, you might have a Network Security Group (NSG) blocking access to your resource. In that case, check if you have a NSG set on either your VM's Network Interface Card (NIC) or on the Subnet where that VM resides in.
    More info on NSG: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-network/security-overview

Friday, July 20, 2018 12:16 PM