Error 0x80070570 while installing "Windows Developer Preview with developer tools English, 64-bit"

Question

• Hey,

I'm trying to install the ISO I downloaded today and burned to the dual layered DVD+R disc. It went fine, however, during the installation I'm receiving the 0x80070570.

The funny thing is that I can install the ISO without developer tools, without any errors. Is there a way TO DOWNLOAD ONLY THE DEVELOPER TOOLS?

Is the problem in the ISO or on my desktop (I tried to remove RAMs etc.).

Btw. W8 looks NICE! :)

Tomi

Thursday, September 15, 2011 4:58 PM

Answers

• Hi Tomi,

Have you tried burning ISO again?  It could be due to a bad burn.  The error means that "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable."

Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:02 PM
    Answerer
  • Hey! It's been a while, anyways, I wasn't able to burn a successful ISO with my Windows systems. However, I "solved" this by downloading the ISO with my MacBook and burning it do a disc with that. Not sure why it's like this?

-Tomi

Saturday, December 17, 2011 10:31 PM

All replies

• Hi Tomi,

Have you tried burning ISO again?  It could be due to a bad burn.  The error means that "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable."

Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:02 PM
    Answerer
  • Not sure if this will help, but I had a similar problem and the installer got suck at 65% with error 0x80070017 (using DVD+R DL). I thought the ISO was corrupt, but the SHA 1 checksum was correct. I tried again, and the installer worked the second time.
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 6:06 PM
  • Not sure if this will help, but I had a similar problem and the installer got suck at 65% with error 0x80070017 (using DVD+R DL). I thought the ISO was corrupt, but the SHA 1 checksum was correct. I tried again, and the installer worked the second time.

So you tried to run the installer again? I tried it about three times, no effect. Thank you for your help tho :)

Hi Tomi, Have you tried burning ISO again? It could be due to a bad burn. The error means that "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

I'll buy another DVD+R DL, download the ISO again and trying to burn it again. Thank you for your replies, I'll let you know how did it go!

Tomi

Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:50 PM
  • Hey Tomi,

It might also help if you burn the disc at low speed.

Kim

Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:02 PM
    Answerer
  • Hey Tomi,

It might also help if you burn the disc at low speed.

Kim

True, going to try that also. I burned the 1st ISO with the Windows 7's built-in disc image burner. Thanks!

Tomi

Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:41 PM
  • I also have this error when trying to install the 32-bit preview iso to an emachines netbook via a usb flash drive that I created using "Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool". I have re-created the usb install drive a couple times, always the same error. Some forums mentioned retrying the installation right aways without rebooting but that does not work either.

I have successfully installed the 64-bit with developer tools iso to my HP Tx2z tablet via a usb flash drive.

Friday, September 16, 2011 1:03 AM
  • Hey! It's been a while, anyways, I wasn't able to burn a successful ISO with my Windows systems. However, I "solved" this by downloading the ISO with my MacBook and burning it do a disc with that. Not sure why it's like this?

-Tomi

Saturday, December 17, 2011 10:31 PM