none
NuiImageGetColorPixelCoordinatesFromDepthPixel only supports 320x240 resolution for depth? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to create a fusion of the depth view and color view from Kinect. So I'm using the NuiImageGetColorPixelCoordinatesFromDepthPixel method to do the transformation from depth view coordinates to color view coordinates. But it is only working when the resolution for depth is 320x240. When I tried other resolutions, looks like it's only working correctly if I scale the coordinates to 320x240 when calling that method. Is there a way to transform 640x480 depth image directly?

Thanks

Monday, July 9, 2012 3:46 PM

Answers

• Nvm I know how to do it now. We can use NuiImageGetColorPixelCoordinatesFromDepthPixelAtResolution instead.
    In this one, we can specify the resolution of the depth view as a parameter while calling it, so it won't assume 320x240 any more.
    • Marked as answer by cliu_vis Tuesday, July 10, 2012 3:02 PM
    Tuesday, July 10, 2012 3:01 PM

All replies

• Nvm I know how to do it now. We can use NuiImageGetColorPixelCoordinatesFromDepthPixelAtResolution instead.
    In this one, we can specify the resolution of the depth view as a parameter while calling it, so it won't assume 320x240 any more.
    • Marked as answer by cliu_vis Tuesday, July 10, 2012 3:02 PM
    Tuesday, July 10, 2012 3:01 PM
  • Hi cliu_vis,I'm also trying to create a fusion of the depth view and color view from Kinect,but i don't know how to set parameters in functions NuiTransformDepthImageToSkeleton()and NuiImageGetColorPixelCoordinatesFromDepthPixel(), How much the depth image size and the color image size,what about the resolution?

Thanks,

alert me

Monday, December 3, 2012 8:09 AM