Upgraded as asp.net core 2.1 project to 3.0 and all requests time out RRS feed

• Question

• User-1412936388 posted

We upgraded a working asp.net core 2.1 project to 3.0 using this guide.

Project runs in visual studio without any errors but whenever i try to make requests to the server i don't get any response from the server(i simply get timeouts in the client).

When i put breakpoints in my controllers the breakpoints don't trigger so the requests don't even reach the controllers. Any idea what's going on? How can i debug this issue? Where can i put breakpoints that will get triggered?

Update: i have also set breakpoints in the Invoke method of my custom middleware and also they are not hit (only the constructor of the middleware is called)

Thursday, October 24, 2019 4:46 AM

All replies

• User1120430333 posted

When i put breakpoints in my controllers the breakpoints don't trigger so the requests don't even reach the controllers. Any idea what's going on? How can i debug this issue? Where can i put breakpoints that will get triggered?

If the breakpoint is not being hit, it means the source code of the project used by Visual Stuido and the executable for the project on the Web server  are not in sync. If the breakpoint icon is not a solid color icon, it's an indicator the source code and executable are not in sync, assuming you are using local IIS with Visual Stuido and you are debug 'Attaching' to the wpw3.exe that is servicing the Application Pool that is hosting the Web program so that you can hit a set breakpoint.  

Thursday, October 24, 2019 7:14 AM
  • User-1412936388 posted

To explain, in general, breakpoints in the code are being hit and the code is in sync. I want to understand why the requests get no response so i tried adding breakpoints specifically in this method and it doesn't get hit. How can i understand whats causing it?  

public override async Task OnActionExecutionAsync(ActionExecutingContext context, ActionExecutionDelegate next)

Thursday, October 24, 2019 7:27 AM
  • User-474980206 posted

It means no action was selected to be called in the controller. Check your routing.

Friday, October 25, 2019 12:04 AM