Silverlight Multi-Player Framework RRS feed

• Question

• I have been working on a multi-player framework for Silverlight based games. The framework is mostly derived from what I use currently with Perenthia (www.perenthia.com). I wanted to try and build a re-usable component that can be combined with other game engines or libraries without defining game play mechanics. The framework would allow HTTP, Polling Duplex WCF and Sockets to all communicate with the same server and connected clients. So far I have the interfaces defined for Server and Client and a set of extensible Tags for sending information between clients and servers. I have the code for HTTP access complete and have almost finished the Polling Duplex access. Sockets will be last as I have only just played around a little with them and they need some more testing. I hope to get this framework on CodePlex in the next week or two but if you want to see the code before hand let me know and I will be happy to share what I have so far, once I clean it up a little. :)
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 10:35 AM

Answers

• I thought it would be a useful library to have. I will get it stable and out on CodePlex as soon as possible. :)
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 1:20 PM

All replies

• Cameron,

This sounds cool and might save me a bunch of work since I was starting to think about writing something like this.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 12:42 PM
  • I thought it would be a useful library to have. I will get it stable and out on CodePlex as soon as possible. :)
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 1:20 PM
  • Sounds really great Cameron, alwasy good to put things on Codeplex. :)
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 5:02 AM
  • Good to hear this! I'm going to start a MMO game project soon, hopefully I can use this in my project =)
    Sunday, April 5, 2009 11:00 AM
  • I should have a tutorial and some code up very soon.
    Sunday, April 5, 2009 9:10 PM
  •  I'm looking forward to this.  Thanks for sharing your work!

Tuesday, April 7, 2009 10:20 PM
  •  

Cameron, there is no question that this is a useful project.

Thank you for sharing! Looking forward to seeing it.

Saturday, April 25, 2009 6:52 AM
  • As a newbie silverlight dev and someone who's working on a game in his spare time I am looking forward to this as well :) Keep upthe good posts on your blog!

Friday, May 22, 2009 4:46 PM
  • hi.i am kuro from singapore.

my project requires me to use silverlight to do a multi player game with login, sign up and forget password page.

however i am still a newbie and not very familiar with silverlight.

do you mind to teach me?

i need it asap.

thank you very much.

Saturday, May 23, 2009 4:02 AM
  • "I should have a tutorial and some code up very soon. "

Hey Cameron, is "soon" getting any closer? Really looking forward to that tutorial you mentioned! ;)

Saturday, July 25, 2009 7:28 PM
  • Yeah, hoping to get something up maybe by the weekend, building a simple game in which to test it out and then I can write up a how to guide.
    Wednesday, August 5, 2009 11:36 AM
  • sorry but may i know where is the link for this framework?
    Saturday, March 20, 2010 4:06 AM