Coding in C in Visual Studio 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have a question concerning the functions in the Visual Studio 2013:

Is it possible to work in C, and not "just" in C# and C++?

I'm a beginner in programming, so I hope that my question isn't too dumb..
    Thank you in advance!
    Sunday, November 17, 2013 1:06 PM

Answers

• C language is considered unmanaged code.  It is closer to C++ than C#, but the libraries may be different.  C++ added classes to the straight C language (plus other enhancements) and is support by a number of different vendors compilers.  C# is enhancement to C++ that Microsoft developed.  Most straight C language syntax is supported in C++.

jdweng

• Proposed as answer by Amanda Zhu Tuesday, November 19, 2013 5:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Monday, November 25, 2013 1:39 AM
    Sunday, November 17, 2013 1:33 PM
  • To work in C, create a new project of “Win32 Console Application” type, then add a new item of “C++ File” type, but specify the .c extension instead of .cpp.

Sunday, November 17, 2013 3:52 PM

All replies

• C language is considered unmanaged code.  It is closer to C++ than C#, but the libraries may be different.  C++ added classes to the straight C language (plus other enhancements) and is support by a number of different vendors compilers.  C# is enhancement to C++ that Microsoft developed.  Most straight C language syntax is supported in C++.

jdweng

Sunday, November 17, 2013 1:33 PM
  • To work in C, create a new project of “Win32 Console Application” type, then add a new item of “C++ File” type, but specify the .c extension instead of .cpp.

Sunday, November 17, 2013 3:52 PM