auto-start app make dialer disabled on windows mobile 6.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm developping application on WM6.0, using native C++ and MFC.

Recently, I encounterd a strange problem:

In order to make my app auto-started, I created a shortcut to my app manually and putted the shortcut under "\windows\startup".Though the app was auto-started when the device is powered on, I have found that device can't show the dialer when I pressed the physical button ,it seems this app disable the dialer.

so, I make an experiment: I coded a new application,which is a very simple dialog application on Mobile 6, most code are generated by IDE Wizard.Then I created a shortcut to the application manually and moved the shutcut into \windows\startup.then restart the device. and the same problem happened: I can't get dialer when I pressed the physical button on the device, and I trid to open phone application by clicking start->programs->phone,but the dialer still can't be shown.

any advice would be appreciated.

Friday, April 30, 2010 7:54 AM

Answers

• Hi Jason,

It is really strange issue, it seems device issue, do you try it on other device or emulator, can you reproduce it on other device?

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    • Marked as answer by Jason Y Thursday, May 6, 2010 7:25 AM
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 9:07 AM

All replies

• Well, this is strange. Did you confirm if the dialer on the device is working fine? From the description it does not look like your application does anything to disrupt the dialer. If it's a test device that you are using, can you try hard resetting the device (factory reset or hard boot) and then checking if the dialer works?

Prabhu
    www.geekswithblogs.net/techtwaddle

Friday, April 30, 2010 8:59 AM
  • Hi, PrabhuK

the device is HTC touch with Windows Mobile 6.0, not a test device .

Its dialer workes fine without my auto-started app and the dialer workes fine too after I close this auto-started app.but it's odd that I do nothing in the app, just showing a dialog with "hello world".

Just now, I tried to delete the shortcut in \windows\startup, restart the device and open my app manually.by this time, the dialer workes fine.

Is this problem related to the way of auto-start?

Friday, April 30, 2010 9:20 AM
  • Umm, no I don't think the order of auto-start matters. The real strange part for me is that this thing happens even when you create a basic (default) app using the wizard... wonder whats going on..

Prabhu
    www.geekswithblogs.net/techtwaddle

Friday, April 30, 2010 9:42 AM
  • Any one know why this happened and how to fix it?
    Sunday, May 2, 2010 11:50 AM
  • hi Jason,

Is that only the dialer was not working or you r facing some other problems too?

Thanks & Regards Ezhilmani.R
    Monday, May 3, 2010 12:01 PM
  • It seems only the dialer was not working.

the rebooting process is :restart->system welcome info->my app->close the app->STK Service Info->normal

Is that related to the STK Service?

Monday, May 3, 2010 1:54 PM
  • Hi Jason,

It is really strange issue, it seems device issue, do you try it on other device or emulator, can you reproduce it on other device?

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    • Marked as answer by Jason Y Thursday, May 6, 2010 7:25 AM
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 9:07 AM
  • It seems to be device related, I tried it on Windows Mobile 6.0 Professional emulator, this kind of problem don't exist.

• Proposed as answer by Ferenc Heizler Friday, September 3, 2010 7:39 AM
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 7:25 AM
  • Hi Jason

It seems not to be a device related issue. I face with the same on different types of PDAs (eg. HP iPAQ 614c, Motorola (earlier Symbol) MC70, MC75 etc). These equipments are common in that they all run WM 6. Also I have a Symbol MC35 PDA  running WM 5 - this does not have this issue. I think that this occurs only under WM 6. Now I am looking for solution for that. I would wonder if you could find someting.

Best regards,

Ferenc Heizler

Friday, September 3, 2010 7:49 AM