My own apps for my own phone RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I use VB 2010 Express to write my own programs for my own personal use, not for selling or distribution.

I now want to do the same, but to use on a windows phone, so I will be using VB 1013

I am concerned about all this talk about app approval, I don't want to go through this, it is only for my own use.

All I want to know, is it straight forward to write an app, then install it and run it on my phone without having to go through any silly approval.

I am sure it will be, but just double checking before I pay out for a windows phone

Cheers

Saturday, February 7, 2015 2:41 PM

Answers

• is it straight forward to write an app, then install it and run it on my phone without having to go through any silly approval.
    Register your phone for development (free), then you can sideload a limited number of apps.
    • Marked as answer by Chrispys Monday, February 9, 2015 9:16 PM
    Saturday, February 7, 2015 10:31 PM

All replies

• Your question isn't about how to code in Visual Basic. You might have a better chance of getting an answer if you ask in the Developing for Windows Phone forum.
    Saturday, February 7, 2015 2:46 PM
  • is it straight forward to write an app, then install it and run it on my phone without having to go through any silly approval.
    Register your phone for development (free), then you can sideload a limited number of apps.
    Saturday, February 7, 2015 10:31 PM
  • Ok, Thankyou.
    • Unmarked as answer by Chrispys Monday, February 9, 2015 9:16 PM
    Sunday, February 8, 2015 9:42 AM

• Register your phone for development (free), then you can sideload a limited number of apps.
    When you said limited, I did not thing the limit would be 2 :(
    Monday, February 16, 2015 7:23 AM
  • I believe that the limit increases to 10 if you have a paid developer account ($19/year). Information about this is confusing because the policy changed within the past year and many msdn web pages have not been updated.
    Monday, February 16, 2015 9:54 AM