none
Azure: How to read data from a csv file which is stored in local dataroot folder?

Question

• Hi All,

I'm basically a db developer and new to Azure and ADL tools. I'm trying to learn U-SQL. I was able to load data from .tsv file and output to another .tsv file. I tried the same way to extract data from a .csv file but it failed. Then I stored the file path in a variable and tried but, again it got failed. I'm getting some error in the DECLARE statement itself. Attaching error details here. Please help me to resolve this issue. I saved the source file in the default local root directory. I'm using VS 2017 Professional.

Thanks,

Julie

Thursday, September 14, 2017 6:47 AM

Answers

• Hi CateArcher,

Thanks for your response!

It worked for me. The issue was due to the date field. It worked when I changed the type of datetime field to string. I didn't write any extra code in codebehind file. Only namespaces were there.

Thanks,

Julie

Friday, September 15, 2017 4:02 AM

All replies

• Do you have any code in the code-behind file - Script1.usql.cs?  Try removing "using Microsoft.Analytics.Interfaces;" from Script1.usql.cs
    Thursday, September 14, 2017 8:53 PM
  • Hi CateArcher,

Thanks for your response!

It worked for me. The issue was due to the date field. It worked when I changed the type of datetime field to string. I didn't write any extra code in codebehind file. Only namespaces were there.

Thanks,

Julie

Friday, September 15, 2017 4:02 AM