none
837 Claim Processing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Am getting 837 EDI file having multiple Claim Information based on the property splitting HIPAA Subdocuments its get disassembled in Disassemble stage and generated individual 837 files.

I have to update DISASSEMBLED in custom table once file is successfully disassembled.

so i have created the custom pipeline component and placed in validate stage.

for the  1st  837  file  disassembled processed  its getting updated to status Dissembled  in  the table and for remaining its taking loop in validate stage.

but i need to update the status as Dissembled once EDI completely disassembled not individually for each of 837 disassembled

and also i need to track Individual 837 file if any error.

please advice on the same.

Friday, March 18, 2016 1:59 AM

Answers

• Are you saying you have a custom Pipeline Component that updates the database status?

First, that's not a recommendable pattern, updating database in PL components.  Let me ask first, do you really need to do this?  It's not a very useful bit of information and is readily available in the BizTalk database.

If you really need to update that field, the correct pattern would be:

1. Debatch the 837 in the Pipeline as usual.
    2. Use an Orchestration to subscribe to the batch output.
    3. In the Orchestration, check for BTS.LastInterchangeMessage = True Context Property.
    4. When that message is received, use a Port with the WCF SQL Adapter to update the status in the database.

You would also use an Orchestration to listen for errors as well.  Be aware, if there is an error in the EDI, then entire ST will fails including all individual 2300's.  There is no way around this.

Friday, March 18, 2016 2:02 PM

All replies

• for the  1st  837  file  disassembled processed  its getting updated to status Dissembled  in  the table and for remaining its taking loop in validate stage.

Hi Anil,

Have you created any custom component, and where you are updating the status Dissembled, Are you using orchestration, why you are not updating the status once all records inserted into table. 

Please debug your code and see where and why it is taking loop.

Thanks,

If my reply is helpful please mark as Answer or vote as Helpful.

My blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Friday, March 18, 2016 4:57 AM
  • Are you saying you have a custom Pipeline Component that updates the database status?

First, that's not a recommendable pattern, updating database in PL components.  Let me ask first, do you really need to do this?  It's not a very useful bit of information and is readily available in the BizTalk database.

If you really need to update that field, the correct pattern would be:

1. Debatch the 837 in the Pipeline as usual.
    2. Use an Orchestration to subscribe to the batch output.
    3. In the Orchestration, check for BTS.LastInterchangeMessage = True Context Property.
    4. When that message is received, use a Port with the WCF SQL Adapter to update the status in the database.

You would also use an Orchestration to listen for errors as well.  Be aware, if there is an error in the EDI, then entire ST will fails including all individual 2300's.  There is no way around this.

Friday, March 18, 2016 2:02 PM