none
Dll does not show its effect if I include .Net frame2.0 throgh selecting Prerequisites of the project? RRS feed

• General discussion

• I had an in process dll developed in Vs2005, which gets registered through an MSI setup, this dll performs the action which it really mean for, but if I install the setup.exe including .Net framework2.0 in it, as to check the Prerequisites while testing in other PC's, these doesn't perform the required operation correctly, after the dll gets registered, what may be the mistake I am doing, can anyone clear this?
    SVT Gdwl
    • Changed type YiChun Chen Monday, June 8, 2009 3:39 AM Do not follow up
    Monday, June 1, 2009 5:22 AM

All replies

• Hi SVT Gdwl,

What's the OS of the test machine? What do you mean "these doesn't perform the required operation correctly"? Did you receive any error message? Is .NET Framework 2.0 well installed on the test machine?

Could you please try debugging the DLL on the test machine to eliminate the possible cause?
    System.Diagnostics.Debugger.Break() can be helpful to signal a breakpoint to an attached debugger.
    For more information, see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.debugger.break.aspx

You can add it in the source code of required operation to make a breadpoint. When the application calls this operation in DLL, you can debug it. Then we can know whether the required operation is run or not and check whether the required operation runs well as you requires.

Thanks
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Edited by YiChun Chen Wednesday, June 3, 2009 2:23 AM typo
    Tuesday, June 2, 2009 9:14 AM
  • Hi SVT Gdwl,

We are changing the issue type to “Comment” because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by editing your initial post and changing the radio button at the top of the post editor window. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Thank you!
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Monday, June 8, 2009 3:39 AM