none
How long does it usually until a new App appears under "New Releases"? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey everyone,

I have a brief question regarding the release of my new mobile game "Remember the Dead". I published it to the Windows Store on May 26th and until today (i.e. after more than two weeks) it did not show up in the "New Releases" category. And I seriously wonder why that is. I'd love to contact Microsoft's support about this, but unfortunately the https://getsupport.microsoft.com/ - page always comes up with an error (try again later) when selecting a subcategory.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Any hint would be appreciated.

Regards,

Chris

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 7:45 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The new releases are updated each 3-4 days and not all released app make it in the New Releases the process is random and not manually done to ensure it is fair to all developer. The number of downloads and regional settings affect the New Releases view. Each market has a different list of new releases. You can check back in few days to see if the app are featured in the new releases.

So, only the best of the newly released apps are listed in the New Release section.

The various factors that they consider are listed in this post,

What determines the new release

Pradeep AJ

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 2:17 AM

All replies

• The new release category is not the place to see new releases. It is a poorly named curated area where your app may (but more likely will not) appear.

Customers can get to a true new release section, by selecting "sort by newest" within each category. This is very confusing to many customers who believe they are seeing the new releases when they hit the new releases tab on the storefront  and probably do not go any further.

As with many of the stores functions, some things are not intuitive, for example many customers and developers on these boards) complain about the lack of a search facility - many having not found the right swipe!  

I suspect that lack of uptake in the market is partially due to lack of discoverability due to these minor inconsistencies. 

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 10:19 AM
  • Also about discoverability, it took me a while to find the filters.

I initially had no idea that you had to click the text "Games >" above the Game Section to reveal the page with the filter combos.

After clicking "Games >" I then changed "All subcategories" to "Arcade" (My game "BugO StinkO" is a platformer, and since there was no "platformer" category, like there is for the Windows Phone Marketplace, I had to choose "Arcade") and changed "all prices" to "free" and changed "Sort by noteworthy" to "sort by newest".  This was the only way to get my game to be listed.

Selecting "New Releases" tile from the main Game section in the store never showed my game.

By the way, my same game in the Windows Phone marketplace had many many more downloads in its first few days.

• Edited by Takimchu Tuesday, June 11, 2013 12:23 PM spelling
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 12:23 PM
  • Hi,

The new releases are updated each 3-4 days and not all released app make it in the New Releases the process is random and not manually done to ensure it is fair to all developer. The number of downloads and regional settings affect the New Releases view. Each market has a different list of new releases. You can check back in few days to see if the app are featured in the new releases.

So, only the best of the newly released apps are listed in the New Release section.

The various factors that they consider are listed in this post,

What determines the new release

Pradeep AJ

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 2:17 AM