an error occured trying to render the report 0x8007F303 RRS feed

• Question

• We are trying to print preview SQL reports through Dynamics ax and we get the error "an error occured trying to render the report 0x8007F303". I we then try to print the report to a printer the text is stretched often over 2 pages. Please advise.
    Thursday, April 19, 2012 4:17 PM

Answers

• Hi Craiglyon,

What are the versions of your SQL Server Reporting Services and Visual Studio? We use the ReportViewer control to display reports in Microsoft Dynamics AX client. The error code 0x8007F303 received when printing a report might be the Internet Explorer (IE) ActiveX control or the Microsoft ReportViewer control related. At this time, there are three suggestions for your reference:

Suggestion 1: Reload the Active-X control

• Open IE, click Tools-> Internet Options-> Settings (under “Browsing history”) -> View Objects.
    • Remove all the rsclientprint_XXX files.
    • Refresh the webpage and click “Print”, then the rsclientprint related files will be downloaded and installed again.

Suggestion 2: Update the Visual Studio ReportViewer

You can try to upgrade the Visual Studio and ReportViewer to the latest version in your test environment. If there is any hotfix for ReportViewer control, please try it. Meanwhile, I suggest that you post the version information of your Visual Studio using the steps below:

1. Open Microsoft Visual Studio, click “Help” in the toolbar and click “About Microsoft Visual Studio”.
    2. Click “Copy Info” and then paste the information for further analysis. 

References:

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,
    Mike Yin

• Marked as answer by Mike Yin Thursday, April 26, 2012 11:51 AM
    Monday, April 23, 2012 7:34 AM