TopoEdit - OnClearSessionEvent failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I created a media source based on WavSource sample. The source read raw data from files. Inside TopoEdit, I set up topology by the source, color convert DMO and EVR. The first time, it works fine, but if I click play again, it fails, saying -
    "Error handling media event
    The operation failed to complete"

Tracked into the code, it fails inside -
    CTedPlayer:SurprisenClearSessionEvent(IMFAsyncResult* pResult)

What might be the reason for this issue? Thanks!
    Thursday, September 25, 2008 11:07 PM

Answers

• The problem was fixed (thanks to madhacker). It was a problem with seek position.
    Friday, October 3, 2008 4:31 PM

All replies

• The problem happens in

IFC( m_spClearSession->EndGetEvent(pResult, &spEvent) )

inside OnClearSessionEvent() function
    Thursday, September 25, 2008 11:15 PM
  • It seems to have problem with event 102 (MESessionTopologiesCleared), maybe something not cleaned in the source?
    Friday, September 26, 2008 8:42 PM
  • Does the same thing happen with the WavSource sample? Does the same thing happen with, say, a WMV or MP3 file?

Also, what is the error code from the event?

- Mike

Sunday, September 28, 2008 5:17 PM
  • Hi Mike,

It works fine with the WavSource sample (.wav files).

The biggest change I made is to playback one kind of raw video data rather than audio data.

There is no error code. The first time it works fine, I tracked all the events, it seems to be

102 (toplogycleared)
    101 (Topologyset)
    112 (NotifyPresentationTime)
    111 (SessionTopologyStatus)
    103 (SessionStart)

But if I click "play" again, for the first event (I guess it is 102), it failed - Inside OnClearSessionEvent()/HandleEvent()

IFC(pEvent->GetType(&met));
        IFC(pEvent->GetStatus(&hrEvent));
        IFC(pEvent->GetValue(&var));

The first IFC statement gets a 1 which means something wrong with the event. Then I get
    "Error handling media event
    The operation failed to complete"

HShu
    Monday, September 29, 2008 4:09 PM
  • Hi Mike,

BTW, those functions are in TopoEidt.

HShu
    Monday, September 29, 2008 4:20 PM
  • Hi Mike,

I changed the way the source read data (EOS), and tracked stream events, especially the one sent to presentation descriptor. They works fine and the problem is gone - I guess that the event wasn't sent before which caused the topology couldn't be cleaned?

Anyway, thanks for your help

HShu
    Tuesday, September 30, 2008 4:07 PM
  • Hi Mike,

The problem is still there - I set m_EOS to be true (by mistake) after one playback. So it stops immediately once I click the play again. What might be the reasons for the mf to clear the topology? like something not cleaned? or event not sent?

Thanks!

HShu

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 5:26 PM
  • The problem was fixed (thanks to madhacker). It was a problem with seek position.
    Friday, October 3, 2008 4:31 PM