Visual Studio 2015 Community Project Debug Tab - Where is it? RRS feed

• Question

• I need to set debug command line arguments for my Visual C++ project in Visual Studio 2015 Community edition. Normally, these options would be found under the Debug tab of the Project properties (right-clicking on the project's name and selecting Properties). However, there doesn't seem to be any Debug tab anymore. In fact, this area seems vastly scaled down, all around.

How do I get to the project debug options now that they're no longer under the Project Properties? Alternately, how do I set debug command-line arguments for my Visual C++ project in VS 2015 Community?

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 9:29 PM

Answers

• Hi Cybearg,

Which kind of C++ project do you create?

Do you create a new simple Win32 Console Application?

I tested this issue on my visual studio 2015 community, I could get that option in a simple C++ console app, so we have to make sure that whether it is related to your VS IDE or the project type or others.

For example, you could create the same project in other VS machine, check it again, if it worked well in other VS machine, it would be related to your VS, but if it has the same issue, please tell me the detailed steps about how you create this console app in your side.

If it worked well in other VS version, please repair/re-install your VS again. Maybe it is the setup issue.

>>how do I set debug command-line arguments for my Visual C++ project in VS 2015 Community?

See the screen shot above, you can set command line arguments for debugging in the Command Arguments.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Jiayi Li Wednesday, September 9, 2015 5:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nic Brosz Wednesday, September 9, 2015 3:33 PM
    Wednesday, September 9, 2015 5:56 AM

All replies

• Hi Cybearg,

Which kind of C++ project do you create?

Do you create a new simple Win32 Console Application?

I tested this issue on my visual studio 2015 community, I could get that option in a simple C++ console app, so we have to make sure that whether it is related to your VS IDE or the project type or others.

For example, you could create the same project in other VS machine, check it again, if it worked well in other VS machine, it would be related to your VS, but if it has the same issue, please tell me the detailed steps about how you create this console app in your side.

If it worked well in other VS version, please repair/re-install your VS again. Maybe it is the setup issue.

>>how do I set debug command-line arguments for my Visual C++ project in VS 2015 Community?

See the screen shot above, you can set command line arguments for debugging in the Command Arguments.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Jiayi Li Wednesday, September 9, 2015 5:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nic Brosz Wednesday, September 9, 2015 3:33 PM
    Wednesday, September 9, 2015 5:56 AM
  • Oh, my, this is embarrassing... I was right-clicking and checking the properties for the SOLUTION, not the project!

It looks like everything is just fine once I check the right place. Thank you! The screenshot helped me notice what I was doing wrong.

Wednesday, September 9, 2015 3:33 PM