none
WCF - Duplex Services with non-.net client RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm writing a duplex wcf service with a .Net console application. All works fine. My problem is how can I call this duplex service with a non .net client (php, java...) knowing that the client service call must provide an InstanceContext  wich can't be provided in non .net environement.

Thanks

Sunday, November 23, 2014 11:40 AM

Answers

•  InstanceContext instanceContext = new InstanceContext(new CallbackHandler());
    CalculatorDuplexClient client = new CalculatorDuplexClient(instanceContext);

for me this is cannot be achieved because it must use a .net specific type in the client side that is not iteroperable with other technologies.

There you have it, you have it in a nutshell and now you need to take another direction that's viable. You have been presented with an alternative that works. It may not be what you want the WCF Web service consumed by a Java client. But it is what it is....
    Tuesday, November 25, 2014 3:20 AM

All replies

• Sunday, November 23, 2014 6:54 PM
  • thanks to response, but your sample is providing a basichttpbinding wich not require any  extra data to provide when creating the client proxy. In my case it's a wsDualHttpBinding

• Edited by Hichamveoo Sunday, November 23, 2014 9:15 PM
    Sunday, November 23, 2014 8:19 PM
  • What? You can't think outside the box using the example in a different context?  Everything is not going to be ready made for you and ready to go.
    Sunday, November 23, 2014 9:50 PM
  • if you didn't understand the problem please not answer and I can more explain
    Monday, November 24, 2014 11:58 PM
  • The problem is your choices a limited. The one is a WCF Web service, and that's it. You can't squeeze blood out of a turnip.
    Tuesday, November 25, 2014 12:23 AM
  • Ok, can you just tell me how can i use the bold line in other language other than .net based? 

InstanceContext instanceContext = new InstanceContext(new CallbackHandler());

for me this is cannot be achieved because it must use a .net specific type in the client side that is not iteroperable with other technologies.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 12:37 AM

•  InstanceContext instanceContext = new InstanceContext(new CallbackHandler());

There you have it, you have it in a nutshell and now you need to take another direction that's viable. You have been presented with an alternative that works. It may not be what you want the WCF Web service consumed by a Java client. But it is what it is....
    Tuesday, November 25, 2014 3:20 AM