none
Newly created storage account doesn't show table/file/queue services

Question

• I created new general purpose, standard tier storage account, and it looks almost like blob storage account. There's no table/file/queue options after the settings, and the SAS blade shows only blob service to which I can give access. I tried also creating classic storage account, and that too lacks monitoring and other stuff related to tables, files and queues. Also tested that this happens both in North Europe and West Europe regions.

Is there something wrong with the portals or what?

New general purpose storage account

Monday, September 26, 2016 7:55 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here!

Zone-redundant storage (ZRS) is currently available only for block blobs, and is only supported for versions 2014-02-14 and later. Once you have created your storage account and selected ZRS, you cannot convert it to use to any other type of replication, or vice versa.

Reference: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/documentation/articles/storage-redundancy/

Regards,

Vikranth S.

Kindly click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. And Vote as Helpful.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 8:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here!

Zone-redundant storage (ZRS) is currently available only for block blobs, and is only supported for versions 2014-02-14 and later. Once you have created your storage account and selected ZRS, you cannot convert it to use to any other type of replication, or vice versa.

Reference: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/documentation/articles/storage-redundancy/

Regards,

Vikranth S.

Kindly click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. And Vote as Helpful.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 8:34 AM
  • Ok, so you can't create actually general purpose storage account with ZRS as it becomes equivalent of blob storage. Thanks!
    Wednesday, October 5, 2016 6:06 AM