AutoComplete - Populate Other Fields with Selected Items Values RRS feed

• Question

• User-1585166881 posted

What I would like to accomplish is when a user selects an item from the autcomplete list, other fields get populated with the selected item's values. For example, I have 3 fields -- Name, Category, Status. I type "Adam" into the Name field and get 20 autocomplete items to choose from. When I choose one of the items, the Category and Status fields should update with the chosen item's values. Thank you all in advance for your help.

Adam

Monday, August 20, 2007 7:14 PM

Answers

• User-240370940 posted

Hi Adam, 

What I would like to accomplish is when a user selects an item from the autcomplete list, other fields get populated with the selected item's values.

use the TextChanged event from the TextBox of your AutoCompleteExtender. The event is fired when a user selects a value from the autocomplete extender. In this event populate your other controls. Make sure the AutoPostBack from the TextBox of your autocomplete extender is set to true.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, August 21, 2007 6:16 AM

All replies

• User-240370940 posted

Hi Adam, 

What I would like to accomplish is when a user selects an item from the autcomplete list, other fields get populated with the selected item's values.

use the TextChanged event from the TextBox of your AutoCompleteExtender. The event is fired when a user selects a value from the autocomplete extender. In this event populate your other controls. Make sure the AutoPostBack from the TextBox of your autocomplete extender is set to true.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, August 21, 2007 6:16 AM
  • User-1585166881 posted

Thank you! That did the trick.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 12:49 PM