ASP.net website localization from EN-ES RRS feed

• Question

• User-1543143713 posted

Hello All

I am trying to localize my wesbite from English to Spanish. The website is built in Spanish. I have done such work perfectly in a html website but i do not have experience with .net localization. I know only Resource files are need to be translated.

Any useful information guys! :)

Kind Regards

Learning++++

Saturday, January 29, 2011 3:11 AM

All replies

• User-1543143713 posted

Okay.. I googled and went through the forum. I saw something about .resx resource files. Let me tell you what I have: 

1. I have .aspx pages of complete wesbite.

<asp:Label ID="EmpNameLabel" runat="server" Text="<%$ Resources: EmpNameLabelText %>"></asp:Label>

<asp:Label ID="EmpNameLabel" runat="server" Text="<%$ Resources: EmpNameLabelText %>"></asp:Label>

used instead of:

<asp:Label ID="EmpNameLabel" runat="server" Text="Employee Name"></asp:Label>

2. I have professional translators and I am not using Google API's.

3. A little bit of .net C# knowledge.

Can you guys help me!

Thanks in advance!

KR

Learning++++

Saturday, January 29, 2011 4:52 AM
  • User-519136805 posted

Why not generate local resource files for each aspx pages for labels n all text & than use it..

Saturday, January 29, 2011 5:18 AM
  • User-1543143713 posted

Hello Sandy, thank you very much for your reply. Can you please explain it to me or give me your Skype or MSN ID from where i can add you and ask you about it. :)

Thanks ! 

Saturday, January 29, 2011 5:22 AM
  • User-1543143713 posted

Can some one tell me the complete process of generating .resx page for every .aspx page of my website.

Any help is highly appreciated!

KR

Learning +++ 

Saturday, January 29, 2011 5:50 AM
  • User-1352576336 posted

Contact me on skype @zubairmasoodi

Sunday, February 20, 2011 5:51 AM
  • User-825324334 posted

Hi, besides resources files with all content translated, you'll need some logic if you want change for a language to another and to preserve this choice in all pages, for example,

String lang = Request.QueryString["lang"];
                    UICulture = lang;
                    // Culture = lang;
                    // Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture(lang);
                    Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = new CultureInfo(lang);
                    HttpCookie cookie = new HttpCookie("langinfo");
                    cookie.Value = lang;
                    Response.Cookies.Add(cookie);

and set the culture in web.config, so date, currency are presented in spanish background,

hope this help!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 9:14 AM
  • User-1503750829 posted

This is a good place to start:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917414

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/c6zyy3s9(v=VS.90).aspx

You may also want to see my web site where I offer a .NET localization product that makes translation extremely easy (I'm the author of this product). See http://www.hexadigm.com

Thursday, March 3, 2011 6:02 PM