none
Task Creation error using PSI for migrated projects!! RRS feed

• Question

• Creation of task using PSI works fine in the projects created in Project 2010. For the projects migrated from Project 2003 or 2007 to Project 2010, when I use PSI to create a task, it fails stating "TaskUnableToInsert". Any help on how to fix this issue is appreciated.

Also please let me know all possible causes for "TaskUnableToInsert" error.

Note: In my code to create a task, I had explicitly defined the position to Last.

Thanks in advance!! 

• Edited by Kalleti Thursday, September 8, 2011 8:11 PM
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 8:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Kalleti,

Is your project server also migrated from 2003 or 2007? Is it running in BCM? If BCM is disabled, did you opened the Enterprise Global, made a change and resaved it to update it?

Have you opened these projects in Microsoft Project 2010, made a chance and saved and published them to migrate them to the 2010 format?

Is your project server up-to-date with SP1 and the latest CU?

Regards,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 8:23 PM
  • Hi Hans,

Our Project Server is not migrated one. It's a fresh installation of Project server 2010 on a new server.

The project in 2003 is migrated using the tool to 2007 and is opened in Project server 2010. Yes it is saved and published.

we are using SP1 and Jun hotfix.

Thanks.

Regards,

Kalleti.

Thursday, September 8, 2011 8:41 PM
  • Kalleti,

How exactly did you migrate the project from 2003 into Project Server 2010?
    What is this 'tool' you are talking about? And once the project had been migrated to 2007 using this 'tool', how did you save it into Project Server 2010?

Are you experiencing any errors when opening and saving this project in Project Server 2010 (check the Queue)? Can you add the task manually in Project Professional 2010?

Regards,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Friday, September 9, 2011 10:01 AM