Regarding iFrames & Windows App Submissions.

Question

• To whom it may concern,

First off, i'd like to say i've been a fan of windows ever since i was 13 years of age (First computer.)
    I've always loved to play with the OS and try new things, eventually i started doing websites, among other things.

My question however is,
    If i were to submit an application for the Windows Store,
    Can the application itself use iframes?

By that i mean, it's a single iframe that connects to only to the main page & everyone's able to access the site via that app.
    Example: Say i wanted to view my outlook.com e-mail and i didn't want to bother heading to the browser,
    All i would do is click the "Outlook" app and an iframe application will show up with your outlook.com email showing up.

(Nothing technical like HTML/PHP/JS Programming, just a simple iframe.)

Will this be allowed for submission on the Windows Store, or not?
    (Just making sure because i'd hate to look like a fool in front of windows developers.)

Have a great year!
    - Derek

Saturday, August 4, 2012 8:54 PM

All replies

• You can use iframes in your application (that is why they are provided).  We are not able to tell you if you app will pass store certification or not, but the store certification is published!  See this document: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/windows/apps/hh694083

Do you think your app would pass item 1?  Is it providing unique value?  From your description I don't think so.  Why wouldn't a customer just use a browser?  What value does your app provide?  You can have url links so I do not see the value of the application.  From your description it seems you are just implementing window onto your site (but possibly I did not understand your description). 

Does that help?  Again... read through the certification requirements and see if that helps!

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Monday, August 6, 2012 3:22 PM