none
EWFMGR Display only Volume1 ( 100 Mega of First System ) not DISC "C" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, for the first time after installed an image WES7 ,

i see with ewfmgr ( utility an command line ), only Volume1 and not the DISC C

How is it possible ?

I have inserted the same values into ICE ( Key=1 Disk=0 Partition=1), but this time the disk C is missing ...

The System iit was installed from USB Key.

After exec ewfmgr /Install-confguration the condition is OK but now i have two volume visible :

It's possible remove from EWF "..Volume1" and leave only DISC C ?

Best Regards

• Edited by zingaro1972 Thursday, June 23, 2016 10:02 AM
    Thursday, June 23, 2016 9:48 AM

Answers

• Sounds like you have bitlocker in the image and 100MB is needed for the boot partition. When you setup EWF with Disk=0 Partition=1, you are going to protect the 100MB boot partition. Disk=0 Partition=2 is what you want to use to protect C.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Thursday, June 23, 2016 1:38 PM

All replies

• Sounds like you have bitlocker in the image and 100MB is needed for the boot partition. When you setup EWF with Disk=0 Partition=1, you are going to protect the 100MB boot partition. Disk=0 Partition=2 is what you want to use to protect C.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Thursday, June 23, 2016 1:38 PM
  • Did the suggestion resolve the issue?

Monday, June 27, 2016 3:50 PM
  • yes !, for now...

regards

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 1:37 PM