NMD_UI sample not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,
    After installing the NMD packet with all updates/rollups I've tried to build a NMD platform as described in the eHowTo from Mike Hall's weblog. Unfortunatelly there is no NMD entry in the Platform Builder wizard after the NMD install. Even after installing all the tools again (WinCE/PB) with all updates the entry is not visible.
    Does anyone know how to procees in order to activate this item?

Then I've tried to compile the NMD_UI sample by hand. After hours of searching for dependencies I've succeeded to start it. Again, bad lack: the app is not running cause is not finding some registry entries/strings etc.

I need some help in order to be able to build/run this sample.

Thanks,
    Cosmin
    Monday, October 2, 2006 8:56 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Cosmin

I suspect you did not install the 'Windows CE 5.0 Networked Media Device Feature Pack Platform Builder Wizard Sample' (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=20ad4258-7b57-4e53-8fd0-857557112ba9&DisplayLang=en). Once this is installed, the wizard sould be available.

Hope this helps.

Michael

Monday, October 2, 2006 3:41 PM
  • I tried to download the NMD UI wizard however the .exe file is corrupt as I get an error each time.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 8:44 PM
  • You can expect that this download gets fixed soon.

There is a workaround ( If you own WinZip): open the exe in WinZip and extract the contents. This worked fine for me.

Thursday, November 16, 2006 5:17 PM
  • Hi Mike,

i simply renamed the .exe file as a .zip file and when extracted using WinZip the xml could be copied to the directory specified in MikeHall's blog. Thanks for your help.

The next problem i think is now BSP related so OEM specific ( i,e, when creating a new Platform using the NMD Wizard, nothing gets copied from the OEMs platform, just the Core Windows CE stuff.

I'll need to add all the OEMs catalog entries to my OS Design and rebuild.

But thanks for being there.

Best Regards

SteveHutch

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 4:11 PM
  • Hi Mike,

I have now successfully built the NMD_UI application from the Networked Media Feature Pack.

I have installed Windows Media Connect on my host PC, and shared some folders containing the test media files.

The NMD device recognises the Windows Media Connect PC and the IP address / name of the host PC is displayed in the bottom of the NMD UI.

However, the problem now is that when i click on the View Folders, or View files button of the NMD UI, none of the files on the host PC are visible.

Is this a known problem, and is there a workaround or do i need to go delving into the NMD UI code?

Kind Regards

steve_hutch

Thursday, February 15, 2007 10:39 PM