none
Azure IoT Device Twin metadata RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I might be missing something, but when I update one property in the desired properties, the metadata for all desired properties updates as well (even if I did not update the other properties). This makes them pretty redundant.... Is this is the desired functionality?

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 1:27 PM

Answers

• Thanks Ashok,

I've read that several times. However, I found the answer - It seems that when updating a device / module twin file from VS code or from the portal, even if you don't update a property, but it's there - it gets updated. What you should do, is delete it from the fill, update only what you really wants to update, and then sync / save. I think it should be mentioned in the documentation. 

Thanks,

• Marked as answer by ombrook Thursday, May 30, 2019 9:39 AM
    Thursday, May 30, 2019 9:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please see the documentation to Understand and use device twins in IoT Hub and let us know if it helps.

Thursday, May 30, 2019 8:28 AM
  • Thanks Ashok,

I've read that several times. However, I found the answer - It seems that when updating a device / module twin file from VS code or from the portal, even if you don't update a property, but it's there - it gets updated. What you should do, is delete it from the fill, update only what you really wants to update, and then sync / save. I think it should be mentioned in the documentation. 

Thanks,

• Marked as answer by ombrook Thursday, May 30, 2019 9:39 AM
    Thursday, May 30, 2019 9:39 AM