Third Party Software? RRS feed

• Question

• I am completely new to mobile devices. We will be using Motorola MC70 series PDA's.

I've never programmed anything other than Winforms so some third party software would be a real help.

I think I can program the PDA forms okay, but I have no idea how to communicate back and forth.

Is there third party PDA communication software available?

Also, can I program the PDA's with Visual Studio?

Can I program in C#?

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions,

Dennis
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 3:39 PM

Answers

• Hi Dennis,

Here You will get all kind of windows mobile information including videos, sample applications, ................

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/microsoftdeviceemu/thread/8dc5bbff-efbc-40b0-bb62-5fd470c93223/?prof=required

Please let me know, if you want any other information.

Regards,
    Malleswar
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 4:01 PM
  • I think I can program the PDA forms okay, but I have no idea how to communicate back and forth.
    Would you mind detailing some of your requirements?  Like the desktop you can make use of web services and WCF on your Windows Mobile device. However, it's important to remember that these devices are "occasionally connected."  Their connections can come and go as the user walks around with the device and moves into and out of areas that can get a signal.

you may want to watch this video on Introduction to Windows Mobile Development by Microsoft.
    Joel Ivory Johnson
    It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 7:08 AM
  • Thank you Malleswar and Joel.

This is a little intimidating but I need to get started somewhere.

As I said, we will be using Motorola MC70 series PDA's. I found Motorola's PocketBrowser developer toolkit which looks like it could help.

Thanks again,

Dennis

Wednesday, November 4, 2009 12:04 PM
  • Hi Dennis,

If your device provide bluetooth function, we can communicate betwwen device using bluetooth, SDK provide a sample:

D:\Program Files\Windows Mobile 6 SDK\Samples\PocketPC\CPP\win32\Bluetooth\BthChat

This sample application that demonstrates how to create a peer to  peer communication between two devices over the Bluetooth wireless technology.

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 4:08 AM

All replies

• Hi Dennis,

Here You will get all kind of windows mobile information including videos, sample applications, ................

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/microsoftdeviceemu/thread/8dc5bbff-efbc-40b0-bb62-5fd470c93223/?prof=required

Please let me know, if you want any other information.

Regards,
    Malleswar
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 4:01 PM
  • Hi,

Just now I added, third party controls(links) int the above link. Please check them.

Regards,
    Malleswar

Tuesday, November 3, 2009 4:11 PM
  • I think I can program the PDA forms okay, but I have no idea how to communicate back and forth.
    Would you mind detailing some of your requirements?  Like the desktop you can make use of web services and WCF on your Windows Mobile device. However, it's important to remember that these devices are "occasionally connected."  Their connections can come and go as the user walks around with the device and moves into and out of areas that can get a signal.

you may want to watch this video on Introduction to Windows Mobile Development by Microsoft.
    Joel Ivory Johnson
    It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 7:08 AM
  • Thank you Malleswar and Joel.

This is a little intimidating but I need to get started somewhere.

As I said, we will be using Motorola MC70 series PDA's. I found Motorola's PocketBrowser developer toolkit which looks like it could help.

Thanks again,

Dennis

Wednesday, November 4, 2009 12:04 PM
  • Hi Dennis,

If your device provide bluetooth function, we can communicate betwwen device using bluetooth, SDK provide a sample:

D:\Program Files\Windows Mobile 6 SDK\Samples\PocketPC\CPP\win32\Bluetooth\BthChat

This sample application that demonstrates how to create a peer to  peer communication between two devices over the Bluetooth wireless technology.

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 4:08 AM