none
Developement of an Application for Windows CE 6.0 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm an intermediate .Net developer for desktop systems and I have no experience with embedded devices. I need to develop an application for Windows CE 6.0 to work on some embedded device.
    I have tried windows phone development on Visual Studio 2008. It's easy to develop an app and test using a mobile device or PC emulator but when I tried Windows CE development I'm left with only one option to connect the original device.
    Can somebody help me finding a similar and easy to use emulator for Windows CE 6.0 devices.
    Wednesday, June 11, 2014 10:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

AFAIK there is no such emulator.

Go through this and this.

Shan_k.

• Edited by Shan_k Wednesday, June 11, 2014 10:56 AM
    Wednesday, June 11, 2014 10:52 AM
  • You can test your application on PC or CEPC

For testing on ARM or other platform built your application with the corresponding SDK and the only possiable way to test is with the actual device whose sdk you used.

--- Misbah

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electroni Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tes-dst.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 11:04 AM
  • You can test your application on PC or CEPC

For testing on ARM or other platform built your application with the corresponding SDK and the only possiable way to test is with the actual device whose sdk you used.

--- Misbah

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electroni Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tes-dst.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com

How do I test my app of my PC?
    Wednesday, June 11, 2014 11:49 AM
  • What kind of application are you trying to work with ?

If windows based application you can run it on any windows PC ...

--- Misbah

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 12:54 PM
  • Windows CE 6.0 does not have a standalone emulator.To get the WinCE 6.0 ARM emulator which will run on your PC,you have to do the following steps

* Install the WinCE 6.0 platform builder(Only available through MSDN subscription)

* Create a OS Design and build the OS image based on "Emulator" BSP.

* After building once you deploy the OS image,you can see the ARM emulator running on your PC.

* Check out this blog post to create a active sync connection between your emulator and PC.

http://prabukumar.wordpress.com/2008/10/25/connecting-to-wince-60-arm-emulator-using-active-sync/

*Once the emulator is connected to your PC,you can transfer your application to the emulator.

Please mark it as answer or vote as helpful if my reply helps.

Regards,

Prabu[eMVP]

http://prabukumar.wordpress.com

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 3:38 PM