none
Cannot Move Term in Term Store RRS feed

• Question

• When selecting a term to move in the term store we get the following box wherein we are not able to drill down through the terms to select the location where we want to move the term.   Selecting the reuse option provides the ability to drill down and select the location.  Any thoughts why this would show up this way?  Is it some kind of permission issue?  Thanks

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 2:07 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi M.Zavada,

This user does not have permissions to move term sets/terms. Please add this user to be a Group Manager/Contributor.

1. Go to the site where you want to add a Group Manager.

2. Open the Term Store Management Tool.

3. In the tree view pane on the left, select the Group for which you want to add a Group Manager/Contributor.

4. In the General tab of the properties pane, in the Group Managers box, type the names of the people who you want to add. You can also click the Browse button to find and add users.

5. When you finish adding the names of people who you want to be Group Managers/Contributor, click Save.

An article about assigning roles and permissions to manage term sets.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Assign-roles-and-permissions-to-manage-term-sets-951216b9-81ac-4850-9ea0-7ad4c45eb231

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, November 3, 2016 5:55 AM
  • Thank you Linda for this input however I do not see a Group Managers box on any of the term sets.  

Since I am not the administrator of our SharePoint instance I wonder if there is something being blocked but not sure why this would be the case.  It's like I have partial rights since I can add term sets and terms but the move and reuse options come up with the screenshot shown above where I cannot drill down through the structure.  Any other thoughts?  

Thanks

Friday, November 4, 2016 11:51 PM
  • Hi M.Zavada,

User with full control has permissions to create term sets and terms. But only Term Store Administrators/Term Set Group Managers/ Term Set Contributors can move term sets/terms

Information about permissions and roles for term sets. Though the following links are for SharePoint 2010, it also fits for SharePoint 2013.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Manage-permissions-and-roles-for-term-sets-48d24117-de33-400e-ad67-3136a6c62022?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by M. Zavada Wednesday, November 9, 2016 3:18 AM
    Wednesday, November 9, 2016 1:46 AM