Lightswitch Visual Studio 2012 to 2013 publish project problem RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have two websites on Azure. One is a test and the other is production. I also have an SQL data base for each.  I have alsways updated my lightswitch project and published (3 tier). The end user could click on their desktop icon and access the program.  I could also open the Azure website configuration screen and select the URL to bring me to my website. xxxtest.azurewebsites.net.   After I upgraded to visual studio 2013, I publish my program and when I select the URL in azure or I clock on my icon the updates do not show up.  I stubled across someone saying you have to put a /client after the website for it to work. When a enter XXXtest.Azurewebsites.net/client, it tries to have me install the program shortcut on my desktop (3 tier). I then have the old app and the new published app.  Since this program is on 50+ computers I don't want to tell everyone to delete and go to the new /client website to download the new version. Is there anyway I can make Visual studio publish this to the website without the /client?   

Friday, January 31, 2014 6:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Randy

For your question, I just want to say that we can deploy updates to a LightSwitch application by running the wizard again. 3-tier browser clients need only re-navigate to the web page to get the updated version. 2-tier desktop clients will automatically receive the updates the next time they are run.

Regards

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Sunday, February 9, 2014 5:37 AM