none
Free Visual Basic download for Community College Course RRS feed

• Question

• I enrolled in an on-line Introductory Visual Basic course and my local Community College.

For some reason that seemed to be related to the .NET Framework I could not download the free .vb.

In desparation because the course was starting, I downloaded a trial full verson of Visual Studio 2012.  The problem had something to do with a "handles" problem.  I spent hours trying to find what was wrong and get what the Instructor recommended.

Yesterday I had an email saying I had 23 days left on the free trial.  What can I do after the trial runs out and the course has not ended.

Bruce

Monday, June 3, 2013 6:10 PM

Answers

All replies

• "Yesterday I had an email saying I had 23 days left on the free trial.  What can I do after the trial runs out and the course has not ended."

Did you try responding to the email to ask if any extension is available?

Perhaps we can help with your install problem.

Please tell us your Windows version and the Visual Studio version and edition you tried to install unsuccessfully.

Also, share your install logs as follows:

Please collect your install logs with this:

http://aka.ms/vscollect

After you run Collect.exe, you'll find vslogs.cab in your %temp% directory. Please upload vslogs.cab to a public site, like SkyDrive, and post the link here.

Monday, June 3, 2013 11:45 PM
  • Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your post.

If you have any problem about the installation please refer to MVP's link and share us the installation logs.

If you want a Free VS version you will need to use Express product which can be download from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/eng/products/visual-studio-express-products#product-express-summary

Regards,

Barry Wang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 9:06 AM
  • Thank you Barry, I will have to get back to you on this because I am very busy.

I do not know if I should uninstall the trial package and download the Express product or wait until the trial package expires and then download the Express product.

As I am sure you know, during courses there is not much time to be fooling around trying to get something to work.

Monday, June 10, 2013 11:55 AM
  • Hi BruceLundeen,

Sorry for haven't notice this reply.

You'll not need to remove the trial if you want the Express version.

Regards,

Barry Wang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 6:48 AM