Map query processing time RRS feed

• Question

• User1983249378 posted

Hi , i have a confusion , normally we use Background worker or thread for background processing, i want to map query processing time with background worker so that when query is running i want to get continuous updates that how much time elapsed and how much time remains that i can show in progress bar or percentages as on my choice , Is there any way how can we synchronize query processing time with my c#.net application. Any help will be highly appreciated, or any idea ?

Friday, October 8, 2010 7:36 AM

Answers

• User-1659704165 posted

Hi,

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/community/aspnet/2/10055452/backgroundworker-with-datagridview.aspx

have u seen the above link..

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, October 8, 2010 11:30 AM
  • User1983249378 posted

Thanx but that didn't solve the problem

I found it myself , that it is not possible to exactly map the exact query processing time , we can show fake timer or some animated icon there if we are getting or searching millions of records

like if on web a rotating circle or some animated icon , or some marquee progress bar showing the status processing.

Even SQL server too runs timer and shows seconds and when query execution completes it indicates that

"Takes 2 minutes to complete"

Saturday, October 9, 2010 2:09 AM

All replies

• User-1659704165 posted

Hi,

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/community/aspnet/2/10055452/backgroundworker-with-datagridview.aspx

have u seen the above link..

Friday, October 8, 2010 11:30 AM
  • User1983249378 posted

Thanx but that didn't solve the problem

I found it myself , that it is not possible to exactly map the exact query processing time , we can show fake timer or some animated icon there if we are getting or searching millions of records

like if on web a rotating circle or some animated icon , or some marquee progress bar showing the status processing.

Even SQL server too runs timer and shows seconds and when query execution completes it indicates that

"Takes 2 minutes to complete"

Saturday, October 9, 2010 2:09 AM