lightswitch screen navigation not changing RRS feed

• Question

• The oddest thing just started happening...

I made some screens and put them in the navigation section.  I was making coding changes and noticed they were not making any changes to the results.  In stepping backwards, I to as far as removing the screens from the navigation and they are STILL in the navigation pane even on clean and rebuild.  No matter what I do they show up on a build.  How can a clear this out/up?

TIA

Dave

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 11:18 PM

Answers

• HI,

Here are a few suggestions that might help:

• Clean and Rebuild - Cleaning and rebuilding your current Project (Right-click > Clean, Right-click Rebuild respective) and see if that makes any difference at all. 
    • Closing Older IIS Instances - Stop your existing application and ensure that you don't have any additional IIS processes or instances of your local Web Server running.
    • Consider Restarting Visual Studio - If these issues are still persisting after the above steps, try restarting Visual Studio (and even your local machine)
    • Proper Project Targeting - If you are dealing with multiple Projects, ensure that the Project that you have a breakpoint in is actually running (Right-click your Solution > Set Startup Projects... > Ensure your current Project is selected)

I'm sure that one or more of these solutions should help solve your problem, but if the issue still persists after all of them, you might try looking into a few more advanced alternatives.

Regards

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. <br/> Click <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/common/survey.aspx?showpage=1&scid=sw%3Ben%3B3559&theme=tech"> HERE</a> to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, November 25, 2013 2:08 AM
    Wednesday, November 20, 2013 7:25 AM

All replies

• HI,

Here are a few suggestions that might help:

• Clean and Rebuild - Cleaning and rebuilding your current Project (Right-click > Clean, Right-click Rebuild respective) and see if that makes any difference at all. 
    • Closing Older IIS Instances - Stop your existing application and ensure that you don't have any additional IIS processes or instances of your local Web Server running.
    • Consider Restarting Visual Studio - If these issues are still persisting after the above steps, try restarting Visual Studio (and even your local machine)
    • Proper Project Targeting - If you are dealing with multiple Projects, ensure that the Project that you have a breakpoint in is actually running (Right-click your Solution > Set Startup Projects... > Ensure your current Project is selected)

I'm sure that one or more of these solutions should help solve your problem, but if the issue still persists after all of them, you might try looking into a few more advanced alternatives.

Regards

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. <br/> Click <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/common/survey.aspx?showpage=1&scid=sw%3Ben%3B3559&theme=tech"> HERE</a> to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, November 25, 2013 2:08 AM
    Wednesday, November 20, 2013 7:25 AM
  • I have checked and double-checked all of these solutions, and for me, nothing is working at all. Furthermore, it publishes me as the administrator, but it does not update the navigation of screens for some reason.

Here is my situation:

Upgraded project from Update 2 to Update 4 on Visual Studio 2012.

Moved project from a Server 2003 in Workgroup to a Server 2008 R2 using Active Directory.

It was recommended in another thread to follow the guide to publishing here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/lightswitch/archive/2012/06/07/publishing-lightswitch-apps-to-azure-with-visual-studio-2012.aspx

However, that is a useless suggestion because that IS how you publish an application.

The only solution I see, is to create a new project in this case and copy over everything, but I am about to test whether it is an issue with the project file or with the server. And I'm betting it has to do with the very sketchy upgrade system that Lightswitch has.

Friday, January 24, 2014 4:50 PM