Lightswitch DataGrid RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a screen with that contains a datagrid we use to enter data. 

For some reason, when we enter a value in a cell, press enter it goes to the next row on the same column, which is ok. But is not on edit mode. We have to press F2 to enter the next value.

We want the de datagrid to remain on edit mode. That is: {Key}{Enter}{Key}{Enter}. Similar to an Excel Worksheet.

I need to mention that it only happens on that Screen, the datagrid behaves as we want on other screens.

Thanks so much in advance for any help!

Monday, July 28, 2014 4:55 PM

All replies

• For some reason, when we enter a value in a cell, press enter it goes to the next row on the same column, which is ok. But is not on edit mode. We have to press F2 to enter the next value.

This is default behavior, I'm afraid that it can't be modified.
    Thursday, July 31, 2014 9:13 AM
  • [Tab] is the key to use to move to the next cell/control.

This has been the standard key to use in Windows since it was first invented.

Simon Jones
    If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it actually answered your question, please remember to "Mark as Answer". This will help other people find answers to their problems more quickly.

Thursday, July 31, 2014 9:33 AM
  • Thanks for looking into this. I just solved.

I removed the following property on the Screen XAML file

View="Microsoft.LightSwitch.RichClient:RowsLayout">

That solved the wire behavior.

Thanks!

• Marked as answer by joeallen2010 Thursday, July 31, 2014 11:05 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by joeallen2010 Thursday, July 31, 2014 1:23 PM
    Thursday, July 31, 2014 11:04 AM
  • Unfortunately that wasn't either. The reason was that I have another grid on the screen.  If I hide the second grid works fine, but does not work when both grids are shown.
    Thursday, July 31, 2014 1:25 PM