MRDS based undergraduate/graduate courses? Any central repository RRS feed

• General discussion

• Is there a central repository which points to the courses that rely heavily on MRDS? If it's not been done yet then I strongly believe that it's the need of the time. 

Because this would allow the academician to share their experiences and how they used the book and tutorials during a semester. What's feasible and what's not. 

I myself am teaching a course on robotics (http://cse460robotics.wikispaces.com/) and began with VPL (Chapters 10-12 of the book and VPL Tutorials 1-4) before moving to the more difficult concepts of CCR and DSS. The simple reason being that students should have a hands-on experience with the robot pretty soon in the semester otherwise they might feel that the course is all about heavy concepts (CCR and DSS is not easy to absorb in the first attempt). Furthermore when they use VPL, they already have an informal idea about subscription/notification and different services and it becomes easier to relate CCR and DSS concepts to what they have already learned in the VPL.

But again this is one pedagogical approach, people might have different sequence which would be equally good or even better. 

If there is a central repository which points to different MRDS based courses then it would do a great service to everyone (professional, hobbyist, academician, Microsoft, etc.)

Regards,
    Sajjad
    Monday, October 12, 2009 6:21 PM

All replies

• This is a good suggestion. We do not currently have such a repository. I'm interested in feedback from the rest of the community as to how to handle this.

Trevor
    Tuesday, October 13, 2009 12:43 AM