Scenario In Consuming a WebService RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a scenario where i have to consume a web service in my orchestration.

so i have decided to use Add Generated Items and use "Consume WCF Service" and it had given me schemas and the orchestration which has ports created and Multi part messages.

I just have one doubt these all will be created in a single project but in scenarios where we keep schemas,orchestrations,Maps in different projects 

How can i easily move this orchestration and schemas which is created by Wizard to different projects?

Thanks,

Sujith

Sunday, November 8, 2015 6:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Sujith,

You can't do this through wizard.
    But if you really want to move to different project, then you can move that manually and modify the references correctly. 

If this answers your question please Mark as Answer. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

• Proposed as answer by Maheshkumar S Tiwari Monday, November 9, 2015 6:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, November 16, 2015 2:59 AM
    Sunday, November 8, 2015 7:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Sujith,

You can't do this through wizard.
    But if you really want to move to different project, then you can move that manually and modify the references correctly. 

If this answers your question please Mark as Answer. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

• Proposed as answer by Maheshkumar S Tiwari Monday, November 9, 2015 6:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, November 16, 2015 2:59 AM
    Sunday, November 8, 2015 7:05 PM
  • Hi Sujith,

Once the artefacts are created you can move them (cut/paste) to a different project by right click on the artefact and select cut.

Once you copied to the different project please change the NameSpace to schemas as per new project and you can create new orchestration as athe orchestration created by wizard is empty any way.

Cheers

JB

Sunday, November 8, 2015 9:26 PM
  • Just move them to the different project and reference it.  That's all.

Keep in mind, there's nothing really special about the Orchestration or Multi-Part Message Types that are created.  You can easily re-create them.

The only artifacts really required out of the Wizard are the Schemas, and even then, you don't actually need the Wizard if the target can provide them to you in another way.

Monday, November 9, 2015 4:18 AM
  • Hi Sujith,

It can be easily achieved and give you better project design were you have separate project for schema ,map ,pipeline and Orchestration in the same solution .It will give your solution granularity were you can update the schema reference by adding up the respective dll .

Artifacts common to more than one application should be split out into a separate application / solution.

The benefits include:

• Separation of concerns based on the logical grouping of artifacts (by functionality or artifact type for example). This approach reduces the possibility of modifying aspects of your solution that aren’t related to the problem you’re working on at the time.
    • Easier to test – you can compile and deploy just the components you’re modifying.
    • Easier to split work among a group of developers.
    • Easier to manage when the solution gets larger – it can take several minutes to load large BizTalk solutions in Visual Studio.
    • Supports more advanced approaches related to ESB-style solutions (very loose coupling). Depending on your overall approach, you can create a solution that is very modular – to the point that modules can operate and be updated completely independently of each other.
    • Makes it possible to version artifacts separately.
    • Facilitates more fine-grained control over security and memory utilization by grouping related functions such that you deploy them for a particular host instance, for example (you can also administer fine grained .NET security policies more easily than you can with a solution that deploys a few assemblies).

Refer :http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21781720/biztalk-applications-structure-how-to

Thanks
    Abhishek

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply

Monday, November 9, 2015 7:35 AM