none
difference between XPe SP3 and embedded standard 2009 RRS feed

• Question

• which are the differencies between xpe XP3 and embedded standard 2009?

how can i know which is my device running?

is the same licence valid for both?

Thursday, May 31, 2012 2:11 PM

Answers

• The genius marketing people who have MBA degrees at Microsoft decided to rename XPe to WES2009. When they did that they had two products that did the same thing. The only difference is that WES2009 came on a single DVD rather than multiple CDs. The tools are the same, but they come in two different kits. You cannot tell the resulting images apart easily since they are both XP. What tool set are you using now – XPe or WES2009? If XPe, continue to use XPe.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

• Marked as answer by alarranaga Monday, June 4, 2012 2:26 PM
    Friday, June 1, 2012 12:50 PM
  • 1. No, it is not possible to mix the two.

2. Yes, you need to changet he XPe license to WES2009 license. If you can...

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

• Marked as answer by alarranaga Monday, June 4, 2012 2:25 PM
    Monday, June 4, 2012 1:34 PM

All replies

• Technically, they are the same product -thanks to Microsoft marketing.

The license key for XPE cannot be used for WES2009, and the license key for WES2009 cannot be used for XPE.

-Sean

Friday, June 1, 2012 3:51 AM
  • what do you mean by technically, they are the same product?

how can i know which of them is running my device?

Friday, June 1, 2012 5:59 AM
  • what do you mean by technically, they are the same product?

how can i know which of them is running my device?

who is that with a standard licence, control panel/system,... i get windows xpe sp3 information?

which are the correspondant development tool for each? or i can build xpe and standard 2009 images with the same version of the target designer?

Friday, June 1, 2012 9:04 AM
  • The genius marketing people who have MBA degrees at Microsoft decided to rename XPe to WES2009. When they did that they had two products that did the same thing. The only difference is that WES2009 came on a single DVD rather than multiple CDs. The tools are the same, but they come in two different kits. You cannot tell the resulting images apart easily since they are both XP. What tool set are you using now – XPe or WES2009? If XPe, continue to use XPe.

-Sean

• Marked as answer by alarranaga Monday, June 4, 2012 2:26 PM
    Friday, June 1, 2012 12:50 PM
  • Is possible to create XPe image, with WES tools? are they compatible?

I have a XPe licence,... and WES tools,... do i need to change one of them?

Monday, June 4, 2012 10:56 AM
  • 1. No, it is not possible to mix the two.

2. Yes, you need to changet he XPe license to WES2009 license. If you can...

-Sean

• Marked as answer by alarranaga Monday, June 4, 2012 2:25 PM
    Monday, June 4, 2012 1:34 PM