disable internet browsing on server RRS feed

• Question

• If it is possible to completely disconnect all browsing capability to the internet from within a domain, yet maintain a browser for access to an application, it would be a step forward for a project I'm working with.

If the lexplore.exe properties, (iexplore.exe is located in both Program Files and and Program Files (x86)) can be set to be banned from accessing any IP address other than the one associated with the application (https://myapp), it is a start.

Additionally, and probably not the right place for the question, it would be great to do the same for Google Chrome.   There is information on how to disable guest use of Chrome, there doesn't appear to be much on how to disable it altogether.

REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome /v BrowserGuestModeEnabled /t REG_DWORD /d 0

Thursday, May 28, 2020 3:25 PM

All replies

• Hi krakdcorn,

Do you mean that you want to block all other site except one or some sites?

If yes, then I want to inform you that there are many ways to do this thing.

Here I am showing you one of the approach. please refer to the steps below.

1. Open Internet options.

2. Go to Connections tab.

3. Click on LAN Settings button.

4. Checked the option Use a proxy server for your LAN

5. Add 127.0.0.1 as address value.

6. Click on Advanced button.

7. Add the site names in the exceptions section that you keep want to access. For example, here I added Microsoft.com

Now, start the IE browser and try to visit the site that is not in the exception list. You can notice that it is not accessible.

You can only visit the site that is in the exception list.

Note that this setting will be apply to all the browsers. So you not need to configure separate settings for other browsers.

Let me know, if I misunderstand anything. I will try to correct myself.

Regards,

Deepak 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 29, 2020 6:10 AM