none
Loss of Progress Bar RRS feed

• Question

• Please Help 

I use project with success , but recently constructed programmes do not show Progress Bar 

I have formated bars to mirror that of programmes that do succesfully show Progress Bar , but they still are not shown on the Gant 

Any help would be appreciated 

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 7:53 AM

All replies

• Hi,

please check the sequence of your bar settings. If you just added some definition at the end, this will overwrite anything above this setting. So any additional bars after "Progress" will hide the progress bar.

Regards
    Barbara

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 8:28 AM
  • Thank you Barbra for your reply 

I have checked and no still not working  , all as above and no bars after Manual progress 

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 9:36 AM
  • OliverZane,

Just a clarification, when you say "progress bar" are you referring to progress bars shown as Gantt bars or "progress lines" found under Format > Format group> Gridlines?

I assume you do actually mean progress bars shown as Gantt bars. Have you modified the Gantt bar styles (Format > bar styles group > Format > Bar styles)? If so you may have created a new bar style format that overrides the bar style for progress.

If you have not edited the bar styles in any way, it could be that the view is corrupt. If you create a new file and show some progress on the tasks, do the progress bars appear on the Gantt display?

If you can, a screen shot showing tasks with some amount of percent complete would be helpful.

John

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 5:06 PM
  • It might be worth opening a copy of your plan, and using the Reset to Default option to see if the bars appear.   Note that of course you will lose any modifications you've made, but that's why you're opening a copy right?

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 5:33 PM