none
Microsoft.Commerce report error

Question

• After installing the SQLRP, the capacity on the portal showed an alert saying as follows

I have noticed that from the Resource Provider of Default Provider Subscription, "Microsoft.Commerce" is keeping registering.

Does anyone have any ideas? 

Wednesday, December 06, 2017 1:51 AM

All replies

• Hello Evelyne,

Can you try registering the Microsoft.Commerce resource provider in PowerShell and see if that clear up your alerts?

Register-AzureRmResourceProvider-ProviderNamespace Microsoft.commerce

Also, before setting up commerce data reporting back to Microsoft, the Azure Stack resource provider must first be registered with Azure.  

Can you run the following PowerShell to validate Azure Stack resource provider registered with Azure?

To register Azure Stack with Azure, run the following commands:

1.Open a PowerShell console as an administrator and install PowerShell for Azure Stack.

2.Add the Azure account that you will use to register Azure Stack. To do this, run the Add-AzureRmAccount cmdlet with the EnvironmentName parameter set to "AzureCloud". You are prompted to enter your Azure account credentials and you may have to use 2-factor authentication based on your account’s configuration.

Add-AzureRmAccount-EnvironmentName "AzureCloud"

3.If you have multiple subscriptions, run the following command to select the one you want to use:

Get-AzureRmSubscription-SubscriptionID '<Subscription GUID>' | Select-AzureRmSubscription

4.Register the AzureStack resource provider in your Azure subscription. To do this, run the following command:

Register-AzureRmResourceProvider-ProviderNamespace Microsoft.AzureStack

Once you have validated your Azure Stack registration, please check if the Alerts clear up.

Let us know how it goes.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you experience any issues with Azure Stack or the current ASDK release, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks

Gary Gallanes

Thursday, December 07, 2017 2:12 AM
  • Hi Gary,

Yes, I have already registered my ASDK host with Azure, and it is after I installed the SQLRP (the SQL image and extension are downloaded from Azure Marketplace through the admin portal), the alert showed up.

I tried the script to register the Microsoft.commerce as well as the host, the script showed "registered" but the portal is still just showing "registering". And when I close the alert, the same warning appears again after a while.

Friday, December 08, 2017 2:40 AM
  • Hello Evelyne,

I go the same Alert in one of my labs over the weekend. I was able to clear it up by restarting AzS-WAS01 & AzS-WASP01.

Could you please try restarting the AzS-WAS01 & AzS-WASP01 VMs and see if that clear up the alert and allows Microsoft.Commerce  resource provider to finish registering.

Let us know how it goes.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you experience any issues with Azure Stack or the current ASDK release, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks,

Gary Gallanes

21 hours 41 minutes ago