none
i generate files on azure media service v2 i need copy it to asset that generate by v3 RRS feed

• Question

• i need to ask if i can upload the files that generate it on azure media service v2 to asset v3 by rest api 
    Monday, July 15, 2019 2:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Afaq,
    At this time, you can't upload the files that were generated on azure media service v2 to asset v3 by REST API. Based on this documentation, "the AssetFiles were removed from the AMS API in order to separate Media Services from Storage SDK dependency. Now Storage, not Media Services, keeps the information that belongs in Storage." 

Many of the advanced features of the Media Encoder Standard in v2 APIs are currently not available in v3, such as:
    Stitching of Assets
    Overlays
    Cropping
    Thumbnail Sprites
    Inserting a silent audio track when input has no audio
    Inserting a video track when input has no video

Please see this documentation for more info about feature gaps between v2 & v3. Let me know if you have additional questions.

Thanks,

Grace

Monday, July 15, 2019 6:19 PM
  • Afaq -

Why are you trying to copy files associated with a V2 asset to a V3 asset? You can use V3 API's with an asset that you created using v2 API. The documentation that Grace pointed you to is with regard to the AssetFile entity from V2 which does not exist in V3. The AssetFile entity in V2 represents the actual video/audio file that is stored in a blob container. In V3 to access the same functionality from the Asset entity you can determine the storage account and storage container name via the value of the StorageAccountName and container attributes and then use Azure Storage API's to enumerate / manage the files associated with the asset as files for an asset are just stored as block blobs in the Azure storage container.

- Anton

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 12:25 AM
  • Thank you for Replay 
    Actually i need it to generate sprite thumbnail but on the same i need v3 on other feature 
    Tuesday, July 16, 2019 7:08 AM
  • Thank you for replay 
    Tuesday, July 16, 2019 7:09 AM